Thursday 19 August 2010

You May Say I am a Dreamer

-->

Remember back in Elementary school, our English teacher will ask us to write a short essay about ‘ Who do you want to be when your grow up’? Or normally in Malay the tittle will ‘ Apakah Cita Cita Anda’? 

Now in the real world, how many of us actually scored our dream jobs? 
Do you even remember the silly ambitions we wrote in our essay? 

I remembered mine, when I was a kid I want to be a teacher, I want to be a flight attended so I can see the world.I want to be a police women cause the tv characters look so cool chasing crooks.
Then after watching Sailormoon, I had this crazy idea that I want to be a super female hero who saves the world. 

In my teenage years, I want to be a fashion designer, a aspiring model, a graphic designer, a fashion writer
When I fell in love for the first time at 15 all I want is to be his Mrs. 
But those are dreams I buried in a bottle many many years ago. 

Like what my late grandma used to say, I am a person who loves Building Castles in the air

Now every time people ask me who do I do for a living, I wish I could answer I am a professional dreamer. Reality is I am a young adult who is working a 9-5 corporate job.
I do part time modeling sometimes when i receive offers.

Yes, Life has became a routine. 
Its exhausting at times but i will not give up my dreams.
Which is to enroll myself in art school and save up so i can backpack around the world.

 

Outfit Of the Day
Dress : Cotton On
Vintage inspired Bag : Flea market

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life

Of the Moment : Beatles - Black Bird

26 comments:

Amber Schmidt said...

You are one of the most beautiful, creative, talented gal's I've ever had the pleasure of talking to.

The world is out there, and everything is yours for the taking, sweet sweet girl.

And there absolutely is a such thing as a professional dreamer-- anyone who tells you otherwise just isn't worth your time. :)

yummien straggy said...

mine was engineer once..
i wrote engineer because my uncle told me to do so..
without knowing what is engineer..
but now,engineer and me..
are not a good match at all..
math pon slalu kantoi..haha!

Jasmine said...

Amber my fav girl , thank you very much for being such a sweetheart

Yasmine ! hey hey engineer is pretty cool , same with me i suck at maths ! haha i failed my maths

Unknown said...

i like your blog and the text was wonderful to read~*

jfook said...

You got my name right!

No worries.

nice post by the way.

KittyGotTheBeat said...

your're photos are really cool ! =)
i'm sorry but i don't know the name of the flower... the photo was taken in my boyfriends garden.

karmun said...

haha,is ok nvm =] not a problem.thank you very much ya.. had followed ur blog quite some times. haha, may i know which oart of malaysia u from?

Anonymous said...

I'm a professional dreamer, too! I still want to be a writer though I'm a stay-at-home-mom who only sometimes gets things published. Other dreams are fashion designer, professional knitter, food writer, artist, all around funny girl...

xoxo

Bea said...

That is a wonderful piece you've written. I like this line best 'When I fell in love for the first time at 15 all I want is to be his Mrs. '. Professional dreamer sounds general enough so you can never leave any ambitions out!

I wanted to be a detective. :P

Bea from A plus B

-♥-♥-♥- said...

I SO know what you mean. Fought so hard to get onto an art course for this September. And managed to!! Now I feel like I have something to work towards.

You can always be a dreamer :) If we didn't dream, life would be terrible.

Thanks for following! I'll be checking all your updates!!

xo

ZR said...

mine too...teacher is a common job for elementary student...pernah juga berangan nak jadi penyanyi dan ahli sukan...ehehehhehe

Carla said...

thank you :)

Emma said...

You're not the only one, girl! What a lovely post... and lovely pictures, too x

whateveryouwantittosay said...

Love this! Btw, that's my fav John Lennon song. I would so love to be a professional dreamer. When you finally score a job as one, let me know where I can apply! ;)

christen. said...

love this post.
i'm still looking for that dream job
as many of us are.

the beatles quotes got me!

follow each other?

xx, christen
pulpislove.blogspot.com

SusuanaLove said...

COME TO LONDON!
oreally good post
I wanted to to be a fire fight, then a builder and a spacewoman. All my dad said was impossible, and i still think is not fair, id be a really fashionable bulder lol

btw I gave you a blog award :)

xx

Amy Acorn said...

what a wonderful read! such a lovely blog you have dear and your outfit is wonderful too :) x

Abi said...

Awww...such a beautifully written post. Love the dress in the last photo.
Till today, I'm constantly changing my answer to that question. The truth is I'm an idealist with so many interests...a full-time dreamer.

Marisa Noelle said...

This is such a lovely post. I feel the same way - as I also work a 9 to 5 (or actually 7:30 to 4 job) in an office, which was never my goal in life. My dream as a kid to be a marine biologist at one point - which is hilarious b/c I'm awful in the sciences/maths. I absolutely love your outlook though - professional dreamer. I agree wholeheartedly:)

hafidz said...

Kalolah cita-cita menjadi sailormoon tu berjaya.

Memang best la.

Sebab selalu saja menyelamat dunia, wah~ =P

Evelyn Lee Pei Ning said...

Such a beautiful post. I'm inspired. Thank you. :D
Cheers to a happy life.

Janessa said...

I'm falling in love with your blog!

edmund ng said...

hi.. nanged! rush lah..
havent read ur post!
nice to meet u 1st lah!
ed here!

a said...

love to read ur blog :)

spawnskies said...

whoaaa! nice post!!! just like you i have lots of ambitions that haven't come true but i never lose hope. still dreaming up to this very moment... :)

The fashion building / DIY said...

Nice outfit!

And thanks for your comments!

Yes, H&M is cheap! It's a shop all over the world. And twice a year (or something) they have a collaboration with a designer, in November it's Lanvin (do you know it?)! So there will be a collection made by Lanvin, the prices are a bit 'expensiver' than the normal collection, but it's a great chance to buy something designed by a famous designer!

And I see you live in Kuala Lumpur! Really really cool!! My father is going to Kuala Lumpur end of this year for his work, do you know some places he has to vist/see?

I follow your blog!

http://thefashionbuilding.blogspot.com/